Yes, the slimy vegetable.
My first thought was: huh? Then I remembered the consistency of my flax seed gel, it was pretty much slime. So, ever the researcher, I quickly found a recipe:
- Slice 2 to 4 Okra
- Add the Okra to 150ml of boiling water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Blue Malva or Marshmallow herbs
- Let the mixture boil up really good
- Turn off the heat once boiled
- Leave it to cool until it forms a slimy and gelatinous liquid.
- Remove the boiled Okra & herbs from the liquid
- Smooth the nutrient rich slimy gel into a clean and sterilized jar
- Store in the fridge when you're not using it
- Use within 2 to 3 days or add a synthetic preservative to increase it's shelf life.
Add a little freshly squeezed lemon juice or your favorite essential oil to the mix
Courtesy of The Life of a Mixtress
There is even a commercial product:
Fred Okra Fibre Gel
I'm thinking I will make okra gel and add the same goodies I did to my flax seed gel.
Has anyone whipped their slimy gels? What was your result, please comment.