Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Coconut Oils



I was recently given an opportunity to use a new brand of coconut oil in the production of Lil Better Butter.( The product pictured above.) This will be the fourth coconut oil I have tried. They all performed well but I thought I would give a rundown for those interested.



#1 LouAna
Pros:
-low cost
-available at grocery stores
-no coconut scent

Cons:
-refined
-no coconut scent

16 ounces for $8.00 ( listed on Amazon.com, I know I paid less @ Wal-Mart)

#2 365 Organic Coconut Oil
Pros:
-available at Whole Foods and health food stores
-minimal coconut scent

14 ounces for $7.00

Cons:
-pricey
-glass jar



#3 Wholesale Coconut Oil from Shea-n-More
Pros:
-cost effective
-plastic container

Cons:
-no frills packaging
-variable quality

16 ounces for $7.50

So far the Tropical Traditions oil compares most closely to the 365 oil.It costs $19.95 plus shipping for 16 ounces. I do not use coconut oil straight so I will review the TT based on its effect on Lil Better Butter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment