Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Toddlers & Tiaras

I recently watched an episode of Toddlers & Tiaras, the child pageant show on TLC, I was delighted to see a contestant with natural hair. I happily tweeted that she was on the show and placed in her age group.

Unfortunately, this child was not the featured contestant. The featured contestants were Alaska and her brother Dakota. Dakota is bi-racial. In a interview with his mother she spoke candidly about not knowing what her bi-racial child wold look like before he was born. She said she rubbed her pregnant belly each night and said, "Good hair, good hair, good hair". She was "rewarded" with a child she describes as "exotically attractive" with "pin straight chestnut hair". She describes her daughter as a classic beauty because of her blonde hair and blue eyes.


Dakota - age 4

**smh**I won't even comment I'll leave it to you ladies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Did she really say that? Damn her 4 that!

Elin said...

This episode annoyed me, if you married a black man there was a chance your child could of had kinky or curly hair, I honestly was surprised with how pin straight his hair was. She was just plain ignorant and I think her daughter is going to have a complex because throughout the show she fawned over her son and her daughter just sucked it up.

Post a Comment