Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Natural Hair Experts



Last night on the natural hair twitter chat, someone mentioned how easy it was to be duped by fly-by-night natural hair "experts" on YouTube. I agree. YouTube is a great resource but one must be aware it is an open forum. There is nothing to stop someone from making a YT video saying motor oil is the best oil for natural hair. Please watch more than one video on a topic by more than one person. I make YT videos. I share advice based on my experience, I say this often. I can only speak for myself and my hair, I say this often. Many people do not make these disclaimers in their videos. Beware of the natural hair experts.


Don't forget bloggers, books and magazines also get things wrong.

3 Comments:

kiki said...

ha!!! a mess

DCN said...

"There is nothing to stop someone from making a YT video saying motor oil is the best oil for natural hair. " LMBO. I love your sense of humor.

Gigi said...

Great point!

I actually used motor oil to grease my scalp..... My hair was very soft the next day.


I"M KIDDING!!!

Post a Comment