Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Every length is a revelation

Immediately after transition
The heyday of my puff
So, I've been natural for a while now a as a blogger/vlogger/product maker I think I'm pretty knowledgeable about the basics of hair care. I know the commandments:

  • Thou shalt not comb dry hair
  • Thou shalt not use a fine tooth comb
  • Thou shall spritz thy hair with water as much as your style allows
  • Thou shalt use oils to seal; not moisturize
  • Thou shalt clarify regularly
  • Thou shalt wash hair in a orderly was to prevent tangles, you are not in a shampoo ad
what I had forgotten was as your hairs length changes so do the rules. Initially, I could wash my hair loose, as it grew I had to section it, it grew longer and I had to twist or braid the sections. 
medium length with curl defining product - mass shrinkage

When my hair was shorter curl definition products made a curly fro, as it grew it was more like a traditional wash-n-go and now the products give a long loose curly look.
long bang tucked in hat with curl defining product

I recently realized that I can no longer detangle and wash at the same time. I was amazed at how much better things went when I detangled before washing. I had a revelation and then remembered I had had several such  revelations previously. 

mini twists medium-long hair - mass shinkage
Every length is a revelation so take advantage. Try products you had previously dismissed, try techniques that may not have worked, try styles and tools you may have already written off. I surprised myself with just a basic change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment