|Immediately after transition|
|The heyday of my puff|
- Thou shalt not comb dry hair
- Thou shalt not use a fine tooth comb
- Thou shall spritz thy hair with water as much as your style allows
- Thou shalt use oils to seal; not moisturize
- Thou shalt clarify regularly
- Thou shalt wash hair in a orderly was to prevent tangles, you are not in a shampoo ad
what I had forgotten was as your hairs length changes so do the rules. Initially, I could wash my hair loose, as it grew I had to section it, it grew longer and I had to twist or braid the sections.
|medium length with curl defining product - mass shrinkage|
When my hair was shorter curl definition products made a curly fro, as it grew it was more like a traditional wash-n-go and now the products give a long loose curly look.
|long bang tucked in hat with curl defining product|
I recently realized that I can no longer detangle and wash at the same time. I was amazed at how much better things went when I detangled before washing. I had a revelation and then remembered I had had several such revelations previously.
|mini twists medium-long hair - mass shinkage|
Every length is a revelation so take advantage. Try products you had previously dismissed, try techniques that may not have worked, try styles and tools you may have already written off. I surprised myself with just a basic change.