Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

How to stay moist without going broke.



THANKS!!!!!

You all answered with your questions. I'll address them first come first serve so:
1) How to stay moisturized without buying a lot of expensive products?

The best moisturizer is WATER, once you have that you are trying to find a way to keep it in. Oils work well to do this, some oils are better than others. Mineral oil and Petroleum are cheap, cause build up and seal out air not allowing your scalp to breathe. The best oils I have used are all natural, cheap and can best used in your kitchen as well. My favorite is Unrefined Shea Butter ($5.99 @ local beauty supply), Extra Virgin Olive oil ($3.00@grocery store) and coconut oil (this should be unrefined and to but I got the cheap stuff to try first) ($5.50@Walmart) If you mix them together and use just as a hair oil your hair will be moist, they will last cuz you have cooking size containers. If you mix them with aloe vera gel or flax seed gel you get a creamier consistency, if you add enough gel you can create a curl definer.

If you are suffering from dryness you should also consider your shampoo. Buy a Castille soap ($6.99@ Target) and add the same three oils then dilute with water and you have a non-drying shampoo. This is the recipe I use.

Tutorial videos:

Make your own Shampoo


Shealoe : shea butter and aloe

3 Comments:

CarmenNC said...

Hello Monica, just dropping by to support another member of NSN. You're making me miss my loose hair. Be easy. Carmen - Oh yes, do you twitter? I'm carmennc over there.

Knaps said...

No, I don't Twitter, but I got my package today!!! Imma have "good hair" for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the support.

Anonymous said...

You can definitely keep your hair moisturized on a budget. I use all of the ingredients you have listed with the addition of castor oil. I'm going to try the shampoo recipe you have linked. Good info!

Post a Comment