Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Frizz Free Revolution



Yesterday I attended the Frizz-Free Revolution Tour it was an event that Cosmopolitan magazine has been running in conjunction with Avon to launch their new Avon Advance Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield. They were giving free demonstration. Participants hair was shampooed and conditioned then the Frizz Control product was applied an their hair was blown out.

Big deal! except it was 100% humidity in Atlanta and rain twice during the event. This was going to be a real test!I had just put in a beautiful set of twists Monday so I asked my relaxed friend Traci to be the guinea pig.


Traci before - humid day hair up!

There were no ingredients listed on the packaging but based on their claim of three days free from frizz ,including daily washing, I assume this is a silicone based product. All participants had their hair blown out roller brush/Dominican style then smoothed/curled with a ceramic flat iron.


Traci During - in Avon mobile salon

While waiting we met Dwight from Real Housewives Of Atlanta:

Even more fabulous in person than on television !



And Tommy Ford formerly of Martin:

friendly and funny!

I met many nice ladies, notably Mattie James, Miss Liberia 2009-2010 and Kimberly Walker, beauty and entertainment writer both pictured below:


At last Traci was done, her hair was soft, shiny and this picture was taken with 99% humidity outside. I spent all day with her and although the curls in her hair began to fall there was no discernible frizz hours later.


Traci after with her stylist Dana

I can say that Avon Advance Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield is true to its claim to tame frizz after one use and maintain smooth strands. It is reasonably priced at $9.99 and I like cost effective products that deliver on their claims.

1 Comments:

Unknown said...

I am posting a comment left on FaceBook I thought may be useful:

OOh i have permed hair and i'm an Avon Rep, the ingredients are listed on the samples i know that for sure, its full of Cones, not the best for curly hair but i tried it out...my hair was frizz free for 2 washes, i wash once a week....x

Post a Comment