Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tangle Teezer, do I need one?

From the Tangle Teezer website:
The Hair Science Behind Tangle TeezerTangle Teezer is the first of a new generation of detangling hairbrushes! Upon picking up Tangle Teezer you will notice the teeth aren’t like that of an ordinary brush which is where the hair genius comes in. The unique configuration of specifically designed teeth flex just the right amount to detangle and help smooth the hair’s cuticle which in turn protects the inner cortex from damage.

Using the Tangle Teezer will ensure your hair will appear more lustrous by minimizing cuticle damage which in turn will help colour last and reduce the risk of fading. The hair shaft is also better prepared for the onslaught of damaging heat from styling tools. That’s why we like to call it first aid for hair.

I've read numerous reviews, blog entries and YouTube videos. The consensus is that the Tangle Tamer is great. A lady who describes herself as a"lazy hair enthusiast" says this on Long Haircare Forum:
"I used to use fingers, then wide tooth comb, then denman to detangle my wet hair under running water, with conditioner on- mind you.

Now I just use the Teezer by itself, starting at the bottom and after 4-5 runs through, each section is tangle free. No wide tooth comb, no finger combing, no nothing. I even tried it on detangling dry hair and it worked."

She sounds like my kind of lady, honest about the amount of effort she puts in. My hair is getting to be quite a handful, any help detangling would be a boon.
So what do you think? Do I need the next big thing?










3 Comments:

Unknown said...

I'm currently rocking a TWA therefore I don't have tangling issues as of yet. I do, however plan on purchasing the Tangle Teezer now before the price inflates to $20 due to popularity. LOL 8-)

My.3.Gurlz.With.Kurlz said...

Not a big fan of it. I purchased it and tried it on my youngest daughter and my oldest daughter. It kept getting tangled in my youngest daughter’s hair even after finger detangling. I think this may have to do with the fact that her hair is very thin. My oldest daughter has thicker hair and she liked it and she is very tender headed and said it hurt less. Maybe I just need to improve my technique. Who knows it might grow on me with time.

lefaye said...

I purchased and used mines this past weekend. My hair is fine yet course, thick and type 4bc. I love the tangle teaser, it took me 30 min to detangle and in the past it has taken me 1.5 hours. My only gripe is that it flew out of my hands several times in hard to reach areas. I plan to perfect my holding technique. lol

Post a Comment